I found my locker!!
I love this pic. I took this one on her first day of Kindergarten and decided that I'm going to have to take one right at this very spot every year that she'll let me. What a sweet picture!!!
Today was so sweet. The very last day of Kindergarten. It was just yesterday that Jeff and I were taking her in her classroom for her first day of school, meeting her teacher, Mrs. Potter, seeing her beautiful classroom and meeting all her new friends. They all seem to have grown up so fast this year. I must admit, sitting there watching her in her class today made me sad. I was having to hold back the tears.
The transition to first grade should be an easy one for her next year, though. She was in a multiage classroom which means that there was just a partition separating the kindergarten class and the first graders. At times throughout the week the first graders would come over and help the kindergarteners with their writing and drawing. Ellie got to know the first grade teacher, which is nice, so there should be no transition problems. Basically the way it works is her whole kindergarten class will just transition over to the first grade classroom and then Ellie will be the big first grader coming over to help the kindergarteners. We're keeping our fingers crossed that her friend Lily gets Mrs. Potter next year so that they will be able to see each other some.
Ellie & Fisher!
Last Day of Kindergarten!

1 comment:
That is such a good idea to take the picture in the same spot every year. Wish I had thought of that..
Can you believe how fast the year went by!!???!!
Post a Comment