Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful

I'm thankful for so many things in life, but right now I'm thankful for my Small Group at church. They have become such a huge support system for me that I'm not sure what I would do without them. Sometimes I feel that life is just passing me by way too fast and I'm just sitting on the sidelines watching as it unfolds, unable to stop it. I think a lot of it has to do with Ellie starting school this year. I just don't have the time with her that I used to. We used to play board games at night, read books, play outside, make cookies, paint toenails, take baths, etc., and now we don't do any of that. And I mean that - can't even find time for a bath! How ridiculous is that. She hasn't been bathed since Sunday. Isn't that some form of child abuse! I mean, really. Who gives their child one bath a week? Certainly not me - how did this happen? I'm not even getting a decent dinner on the table at night. I swear, I think Ellie has already eaten more fast-food meals in her lifetime than I have. I need the tables to turn a little bit.

So yesterday, thinking I can fix this problem all by myself, I was seriously considering not going to SG on Thurs b/c I feel like that's something I can cut out of my schedule to free up some time. How crazy is that? Of all the things I do during the week, for some reason that's the one I feel like I can let go of? Thankfully, Kristen was going to catch a ride with me, and I couldn't let her down, so off we went, and I'm so glad I did. I really needed the fellowship tonight. Our group is so awesome and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. Thanks, Kristen, for the chat on the way home. You're an awesome woman and I'm so glad you're my friend!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are so welcome-- I didn't know I did you a favor! I think its no coincidence that we've all found each other in our group. I feel so blessed to be your friend!!