Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday fun!

We had such a great day today. I'll have to post the pics later. I'm super lazy in the evenings and like to sit in the bed with my laptop while Ellie is watching a movie on the weekends, but my camera pics are on the big computer in the office. Maybe I'll post the pics tomorrow. We'll see....
Anyway, we went to Avery's birthday party at the Spirit Barn today. That place is so cool for a birthday party. Ellie ran around everywhere and had a blast, but it was fun for Fisher, too. His favorite was me holding him and jumping on the trampoline. His mouth was just wide open!! He was great. Of course, toward the end I was bouncing kind of slow on the trampoline and he put his head on my shoulder and fell asleep. That is so awesome!! I wonder how much longer I'm going to get to hold a sleeping baby.
It's funny how so many people can't wait for their kids to grow up. You know, I worry about them getting bigger! I like them just the way they are. Of course, I was looking back at some pictures of Ellie when she was three and she just seemed so little then. Man, time flies. You know, as all the parents were sitting on the sidelines today watching their kids, I had the thought, "wow, when will I be able to do that and let my kids run around," and as soon as I thought that, it was gone. I absolutely loved being out there in the middle of the kids keeping up with Fisher. I figure I'll have the rest of my life to sit and visit with people. My kids are so fun to be with.
With that said, I am so enjoying my time at home with them while Mom is gone. I need to plug more time in my workweek for them. Fisher's Family Training Coordinator at Siskin mentioned that it would be beneficial if he started going to school at Siskin next August just about two days a week. They want me to think about it for a few weeks, but I know I'm going to let him do it. Talk about a hard day!!! He'll only be 2 and a half. I just can't imagine him being in preschool. But things are going to be a little different for him and I definitely think the structure and activities they provide down there will help him blossom. But two days is all they get!!! He gets a lot of structure and activities from him Gam, too. I think she'll have a hard time giving him up! Enough talk about that.
Again, even though it's difficult being a parent, I wouldn't trade a day of it. I can definitely say that I cherish every day with my babies!

No comments: