My sweet kidos! I AM SO LUCKY!!I am so far behind on my blog that I'm not sure where to start. Guess I'll start with last weekend and see where I end up! Ha. Anyway, went camping with both kidos last weekend at Fall Creek Falls with my mom's church family -- well, my family, too -- had a blast. Kids are so easy to entertain outside! When we first got there Ellie said, "I'm bored. There's nothing to do." Not two minutes later she was climbing on the bunk beds wondering what we were going to do next. It was quite chilly this weekend for our rustic cabin, but we toughed it out. The cabin had a little bit of electricity, enough for an electric blanket (THANK GOODNESS), but not enough for a space heater. But we stayed with the Clements and their kerosene heater :-). I didn't get much sleep for checking on Fisher all night, keeping his hat on and keeping him under the covers, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I had the smores all talked up with Ellie, but, unfortunately, as soon as we got to the fire to make them, the fire popped out an ash, one of the guys jumped up screaming like a baby (DAN), and scared the crap out of her. Anyway, from that point on she didn't want to have anything to do with the fire, which meant dry smores for her! So we'll have to try that again someday.
The best time was just spent out in nature on our walk down to the creek picking up leaves, acorns, grass, pinecones, etc. Oh, and playing with Arden was pretty high on the list, too. So glad she was there for Ellie to enjoy! They are turning out to be big buddies :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment