Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's going on

Hey. Well, I've finally done it. I'm a blogger. Still not real sure what that means, but I'm doing it! Yea! Hopefully this will give my friends and family a way to keep up with what's going on in the Bryden family. I've missed journaling.

As most of you know, Ellie has been taking medicine for Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever and we're finally done with that. She got a clean bill of health from Dr. Shumaker on Monday. Unfortunately, she was complaining about her muscles in one of her legs again last night to the point of tears, so I'm still not sure what that means. I'm just going to monitor that for a few more weeks and then make another appt if it continues. I'm thinking it's probably just growing pains, but who knows?

Fisher, as well, got a clean bill of health on Monday from Dr. Shumaker. He is 24 lbs and 33 inches long - WOW! He's 18 months old already. I can't believe it. He also saw his endocrinologist and gastro doc last week both with good reports. He is also going to be switching from feeding therapy into more of a speech therapy and we're going to combine that with physical therapy and occupational therapy which means one appt a week now - Yea!! I know Mom is glad of that. I'm so thankful that she's able to take him to all his therapy appts. What would I do without her?

Ellie has started Kindergarten - YIKES! She is actually there right now about to get out. This is only her second phase-in day. She starts full time next week. I am so thankful that she's enjoying it. But what a schedule for us to get used to. I've been really fortunate that she'll eat breakfast at Mom's most mornings, but now we're having to do that and get out the door for school by 8! We'll get adjusted, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Andrea C Irvin said...

Good for you gal! I started a blog two weeks ago and haven't added a second post yet, so I haven't sent out the link....Nice to be able to catch up on so much with you. We are all so busy and this is such an easy way to do it!

Yours in blog,
Andrea